[linux-audio-user] RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: SOLVED :-)

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 13 04:52:00 EDT 2003

Daniel James <daniel at mondodesigno.com> wrote:

> >  I've probably missed something here but isn't it audio and midi?
>
> I think that's the general idea, but there used to be Midiman audio
> cards (eg the DMAN PCI) and now there are M-Audio cards which have
> MIDI (such as the Delta series). So there is scope for confusion...

 Why's that?

 They have firewire interfaces now... USB. It's just evolution.
 At one point in time they had 2 different companies that made
 what was, at the time, 2 different products. Their cards have
 evolved to incorporate aspects of both products. {Sort of
 inevitable given that the functionality of either is often times
 dependent on the other.}

 I imagine their bookeepers are having a hard time with it but I
 really don't see the need for the rest of us to suffer. :}

 I'm waiting for them to partner with intel and offer us audio
 and multimedia motherboards.