[linux-audio-user] Tracking down overruns

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Sun Sep 14 10:12:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

Sunday 14 September 2003 14:30 skrev Jan Depner:
> Really nice!  I'm an old UNIX guy so I just used the brute force
> method.  I did forget to add that I kill syslogd and crond before I run
> Ardour.

<rant>
I sincerely hope though that the day will come when all these temporary
changes aren't necessary.
It bugs me that I can't keep _one_ configuration for all computer related
work.
I want a system where I can start all services/daemons I use and still have
reliable (preferably good) performance with audio applications.

--
It's been quite a while since I wandered into Windows-land. Earlier these
issues where similar there too... is it still so?

What about OS X, my gut feeling is that you don't need to worry as much with
it, or is it similarily broken?

...Not that I would -ever- consider switching (got a long list of related and
unrelated reasons for that), but it's good to know if one's wishes will ever
be granted or if they are just pipe-dreams.
</rant>

/Robert