[linux-audio-user] Running vstserver & ladspavst

Natalia Rakowski soulsource at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 13:28:00 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob" <lau at kudla.org>
To: <linux-audio-user at music.columbia.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Running vstserver & ladspavst

> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 21:44, Natalia Rakowski wrote:
> > This is where I am stuck.  The ladspavst README didn't have
> > any info to help figure out how to run it.
> > Building ladspavst made vst.so.  What now?
>
> My guess would be that you need to put vst.so in whatever
> directory Ladspa plugins go (under Mandrake 9.1, it's
> /usr/lib/ladspa) and then run your ladspa client app and see if
> it's one of the available plugins.
>
> Maybe you'd need to ldconfig after putting that file there, I
> dunno.  Haven't had any VST's to play with myself.
>
> Rob

Rob -

Thanks SO MUCH!

I was able to get an instance of the CamelPhat Free VST loaded this morning
in Ardour.  All I had to do is put the vst.so file in /usr/lib/ladspa.

I'll do more testing with different VST's later.

Is anyone keeping a list of VST's that work with vstserver?  Is that
something that people would find useful?

Thanks again...

-- N