[linux-audio-user] Loops

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Sep 17 16:57:00 EDT 2003

> Still not quite what I meant.  Maybe there's a different term than
> "loop".
>
> How do you audition a guitar solo, for instance?  You'd want to listen
> to it a few times without having to press stop/rewind/play every time?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy

Ah, the beauty of the English language, 'eh? 'Loops' (a noun) vs. 'looping'.
(a verb) ;-) Now I understand your request. Since I am not an Ardour user I
cannot say anything about the actual method used to do this in it's GUI. I
seem to remember a symbol for this in it's transport, but I don't know....

As you explore this, don't forget 'loop recording', where I play and record
new audio for the same guitar segment over and over again until I get the
copy I want to keep.

sorry for the confusion.

- Mark