[linux-audio-user] Loops

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 21 13:29:00 EDT 2003

Mark Knecht <markknecht at comcast.net> wrote:

> Pro Tools
>
> (sorry it was a non-Linux answer!)

 It surprises me that they've not ported to linux yet.

 You can't really run their software without their hardware,
 they have something of a UNIX heritage, if they were to open
 source the software it would do them wonders as pr/advertisement,
 it would give them the benefits of linux developers and get them
 as firmly entrenched in the linux world as they are everywhere else.

 {Same for Creamware.}

 {{Linux strikes me as being vastly more suited to industrial scale
 applications than anything else. Lower latency, more stability, it's
 open source and it's free.}}

 Seeing as movie folk and major 3d apps are already running on linux
 it really seems that there's a need there.

 {Not to dis linux developers but you do need compatibility, standards
 and apps that folk know how to work.}