[linux-audio-user] skale tracker

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 15:54:01 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 12:21, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo Mark,
>
> Mark Knecht hat gesagt: // Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Yes, I had done that much under Gentoo before I wrote back, and it ran,
> > but then complained the the default skins file was corrupted and quit.
> >
> > Who knows, maybe it was corrupted? I guess I could download it again and
> > start over. Do you use unrar to extract the files? Or do you have
> > another good app for doing that?
>
> No, I just use unrar 3.00 (beta 7). Rar normally has a checksum
> algorithm, so it shouldn't have unpacked a corrupt file, but who
> knows...
>
> ciao

Frank,
   I'm guessing that the RH binary is just not perfectly happy on
Gentoo. I'm trying to get it installed on my Planet CCRMA box, but I
cannot find an RPM version of unrar yet for that platform. It doesn't
seem to show up in Synaptic for the Planet, so I'm wandering around the
web looking.

Cheers,
Mark