[linux-audio-user] skale tracker

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 16:10:00 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 12:21, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo Mark,
>
> Mark Knecht hat gesagt: // Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Yes, I had done that much under Gentoo before I wrote back, and it ran,
> > but then complained the the default skins file was corrupted and quit.
> >
> > Who knows, maybe it was corrupted? I guess I could download it again and
> > start over. Do you use unrar to extract the files? Or do you have
> > another good app for doing that?
>
> No, I just use unrar 3.00 (beta 7). Rar normally has a checksum
> algorithm, so it shouldn't have unpacked a corrupt file, but who
> knows...
>
> ciao

Hi Frank,
   Same problem under Redhat as Gentoo unfortunately. I download the
SkaleTracker RAR file using Mozilla. I then run

unrar t  Skale076wFixed.rar

and it tells me exerything is OK, so I run

unrar e  Skale076wFixed.rar

and it extracts. I then made it executable

-rwxr-xr-x    1 mark     mark       673375 Sep 17 00:18
Sk at le076wFixed.rh9

and try running it, but I get:

bash-2.05b$ ./Sk\@le076wFixed.rh9
This is the first version running under Linux. Maybe it's useless by now
because there are important details that could make to run slow the
program under some machines, I hope to resolve them in the next release;
with this version I hope to get enought info to make this Linux version
stable and usefull.

This program is FREE

Until version 1.0 some features has been disabled and other ones are
incomplete.
This is a BETA version. Use it at your own risk.

Send comments, suggestions or bugs to: bugs at skale.org

Sk at le official website is http:\\www.skale.org
  Enjoy it!!!!!.
baktery

Default skin file corrupted

bash-2.05b$

There was a post to this effect on their forums, but it had no answer to
the problem other than to try downloading again, which I did.

I'll keep thrashing around a bit. Maybe there's a path to getting a new
default skins file somewhere. I might have seen that somewhere.

Cheers,
Mark