[linux-audio-user] MIDI tracks and audacity (alternat way?)

Rocco linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Mon Sep 22 04:07:01 EDT 2003

emillo at libero.it wrote:

> Hi, there is a perl script that splits a midifile according to
> channel/track and creates one midifile for each track:
> http://archive.develooper.com/midi@perl.org/msg00206.html
> Then you can use timidity to render these midis into wav.
> You have to install the MIDI-Perl module:
> http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/MIDI-Perl-0.8/

Hey... very nice. I downloaded it and it works well.

By the way, I used Timidity to "batch convert" the .mid's to .wav's. The
following was a post to the Timidity User page that explains it...

<SNIP>
If you give timidity a playlist, or a wildcard, it will play every midi
file in
the file list.  If it is writing to wav files, it will automatically
generate the output name for the wav file based on the name of the input
file.  So, to convert all the midi in a directory into wav files:
timidity -Ow1S -s 44100 *.mid
<SNIP>