[linux-audio-user] gdam

juto aviten periclite at free.fr
Mon Sep 22 15:53:01 EDT 2003

mik wrote:

>Hi
>
>I used to have Mandrake 9.1 on my laptop but after having problems with my USB-audiocard I switched to Debian/Unstable. This solved the usb-audio issues but now I cannot run gdam anymore. It compiles fine (the cvs-version), I can start it up, but as soon as I launch one of the apps (like the "wheels"), it segfaults. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Or, better, knowing a way to solve this problem?

Hi,
I've got the same problem with all my USB sound card on MDK 9.1, but
actually it's the kernel which not supported usb sound card, it works on
9.0 and the bug will be fixed on the 9.2... I'm really a mandrake user
so I will wait but I will try it on Debian, just in case...
Sorry couldn't answer to your last question... but maybe someone know on
the list a solutions for the MDK 9.1 usb sound card problem without
recompil the kernel :-\

best

juto