[linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Mon Sep 22 21:34:01 EDT 2003

> I think so. The date is right, and I've only heard about one patch,
> other than the HDSO 9632 stuff he's working on. There's also a newer
> version of hdspmixer (Rev 1.3) that is required to get all the features
> from the HDSP 9652, but I don't think it's necessarily required for the
> DigiFace or MultiFace.
>
> ebuild attached.

there seem to be a few of us working on very similar setups all at once :)

I saved this ebuild just in case, as well as the patch in that email strain.
But I haven't the foggiest what they are for.  In fact I don't even know what
to ask :)

The status of my setup right now is, I'm going through the planet ccrma steps,
and have done them all.  all seems well, except for no sound test was heard
upon exiting alsaconf (this didn't worry me), and aplay didn't play back
anything.  so I tried some other apps, including hydrogen, and ardour.
things that were playing back before I switched soundcards and some other
hardware and did a full reinstall of red hat 9.  those apps run along
happily, but no output anywhere.  I'm using a hdsp 9652, no multiface.  I'm
running the optical outputs to a Behringer DDX3216 digital mix console.  I
know the optical ins work there, because I did some mixing using that and a
darwin (with ADAT light pipe card)...

for a newbie like me, is there some sort of step by step somewhere that I
should go through first?  (I plan documenting my steps just in case there's
not).  It seems that with this card, there are steps missing from the planet
ccrma instructions - is this right?

ps:
there is a drivers CD included with the card - it has a linux directory, but
they appear to be OSS drivers - I was planning to avoid them, since my whole
goal is an ardour system, and that will have to use alsa.  am I right to do
this?