[linux-audio-user] applying patch for HDSP 9652

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Sep 25 21:10:01 EDT 2003

> well I promised progress - well I went and read about RPM so I'd know what the
> hell it was, and now am applying patch.  I've got Fernando's kernel and ALSA
> source, and I've put the patch in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and edited the alsa
> driver spec file, adding that patch, (I had to manually create the redhat
> directory in /usr/src - it wasn't there and rpm wouldn't create it
>
> and following directions on
> http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html
>
> but I'm getting this wonderful thing:
> bash: rpmbuild: command not found
>
> that was quite unexpected.  I'm sure I'll figure this out eventually but I
> thought it'd be smarter and faster to ask - what is happening?  do I have a
> partial RPM in my system?
>
> # rpm --version     gives me:
> RPM version 4.2

Hmmm, I guess you need rpm-build:
# rpm -q -f /usr/bin/rpmbuild
rpm-build-4.2-0.69

If you are on Planet CCRMA an "apt-get install rpm-build" should get it
for you (and probably that's why you were missing /usr/src/redhat)

-- Fernando