[linux-audio-user] jaming over the internet?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Sep 29 14:02:01 EDT 2003

Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody know of an application that allows streaming of midi and/or audio over
> the net for the purpose of allowing several people to jam together?

i recall ivica bukvic (sp ?) announcing such a tool a while ago, but i
guess it was a very-high-bandwidth internet2 thing for universities, not
for home users...

as to midi over ip,  a number of proposals have been floating around -
grep the list archive or wait for some people with better memory than me
to chime in :)

--
Progress (n.):  The process through which the Internet has evolved from
smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)