[linux-audio-user] jaming over the internet?

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 30 01:54:01 EDT 2003

Hi

adding my grain of salt in this thread ;)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:33:45 +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote / a écrit:

> So... the scenario might be comparable to if you and your mate (sorry,
> jam-peer!) would be standing some 10 meters apart.

And we should add that the music will sound totally clear from the computer. If the sound had to really travel 10 m through air, loss and noise will come with it.

> Probably not ideal, but I
> think it would be workable.

I agree. I found that larger latencies (100 < latency < 200) are usable for having fun. I mean I have used softsynths on a computer without tuning latency and without beeing root.
Although I'm not a programmer, I'd really like to have this tool for playing with distant friends.

cheers.
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html