[linux-audio-user] Filesystem: Ardour / SWD / Laptop

wes schreiner wes at infosink.com
Tue Sep 30 03:43:01 EDT 2003

Robert Jonsson wrote:

>Or is it already possible to specify a size for tmpfs partitions?

Yes, the "size" mount option.  In my /etc/fstab I have the line

tmpfs   /tmp   tmpfs   defaults,size=800M   0   0

This gives me a /tmp of 800M, on a machine with 288M RAM and 1.2GB of
swap.  Otherwise a tmpfs filesystem is limited to half of RAM.  Yes,
this means that if I put too much in /tmp the machine will start to
swap, but that's OK with me because the swap disk is different than the
disk I record to.

wes