[linux-audio-user] beginner

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Apr 1 00:41:20 EST 2004

Hallo,
Josenildo Marques hat gesagt: // Josenildo Marques wrote:

> I've been out of luck trying to work with sound on Linux. My
> experience with Audacity, Jack and Ardour haven't been successful at
> all.  I was trying to create a .asoundrc file as, from what I read,
> it would be one of the first necessary steps.

Not it isn't. You don't need an asoundrc, unless you want to td
some tasks that need special configuration. Which is not the case for
you here. Just run:

$ jackd [more options] -d alsa -d hw:0

for your card. hw:0 is the card name you need and it's there even
without asoundrc.

What you did, was just give an alias "sb" to hw:0. It's the same
device, only a bit shorter to type.

ciao