[linux-audio-user] Copy-Protection of Audio-CDs produced by myself

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Thu Apr 1 07:39:37 EST 2004

> mine is a very old player and surely not one with a PC drive in
> it

I think the higher quality players are more sensitive to corruption,
and are designed to reject 'faulty' discs rather than let them play.
I believe some models have error meters which light up whenever a
'protected' disc is played.

I've often heard very expensive CD players at radio stations screw up
on air, while the cheap players don't care about errors and will play
almost anything!

Cheers

Daniel