[linux-audio-user] USB Audio + docking station/powered hub (audiotrak optoplay)

Jonathan Beilin jbeilin at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:36:28 EST 2004

Hi, I'm running gentoo on a dell inspiron 8600 with a docking station & a
powered USB hub. When I'm undocked with the audiotrak optoplay plugged in
directly, it works fine. However, if I try to plug the optoplay in to the
docking station or the wall-wart powered USB hub the optical-digital light
is very faint and I get broken pipe reports when I send a signal to the
device. What is wrong?

Any help is appreciated; I'm tearing my hair out over this... all I need is
un-resampled digital audio out. I thought I had it solved, but I do want to
be able to use this with my docked laptop.