[linux-audio-user] Cheap PCI MIDI interface

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Thu Apr 1 19:57:42 EST 2004

Hey everyone,

	I remember back in highschool my band director bought a really
simple 2x2 ISA MIDI interface for the band's computer.  Does anything
like that in PCI exist?  I've looked around and didn't find anything
that simple (ie, cheap ::-).

	What are people doing for this?  The USB MIDI adaptors all seem
really overpriced (they seem to start at around $40 for 1x1).  I don't need
the portability and would rather save the money.  Maybe I should just find
a pair of SB Lives used?

Thanks for any tips!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.