[linux-audio-user] digidesign mbox

Lee Azzarello lee at fallingforward.net
Wed Apr 14 14:58:47 EDT 2004

juto aviten wrote:

> Hi,
> do you know if the usb sound card mbox from digidesign could be used
> under linux or it's all proprietary and only link to protool$. I know
> someone who want to switch to linux but she bought this card, I didn't
> find anything on alsa project and not really on internet...

No, Digidesign is not interested in releasing the specs on their
hardware. They pretty much exemplify the proprietary hardware/software
mentality, which is everything Linux is trying to not follow. If you
want Protools, get a Mac or PC.

All of this, of course is my opionion. Take it as you wish.

-lee