[linux-audio-user] Recording RealPlayer

Rob lau at kudla.org
Tue Apr 20 10:25:04 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 03:56, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> > I've used mplayer, along with an appropriate set of Real
> > codecs, with mixed (but often positive) results.  Audio
> > works much more reliably than video.
> I have succesfully converted realaudio video streams to VCD
> (so I could play them in a standalone DVD player) with mplayer
> and mjpegtools. YMMV.

I have too, but I've also run into realvideo streams that caused
mplayer to punt, even with the latest codecs.  I have also often
run into sync or frame rate problems if I try to do the
conversion in one pass (rather than converting to some interim
fixed-frame-rate format.)  Through it all, the audio has
converted fine, it's just the video that's a bit dodgy.

Rob