[linux-audio-user] BR532 multitracker file format / sync

Joe Button linux-audio-user at joebutton.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 06:04:40 EDT 2004

Hi there.

I have a Boss BR-532 digital multitrack, which saves my songs onto SmartMedia
cards. I can then get these files onto my PC using a USB card reader. So far
so good.

Two questions:

1) Probably a long shot, but does anyone have any clue as to how I might
convert the files from the BR-532's internal format to WAV or whatever? I can
do this using a Windows GUI program supplied by Boss (runs fine under wine),
but the interface is rather fiddly and limited. Any chance I might be able to
do this eg. with some kind of command line / scriptable tool? Cursory
Googling hasn't revealed a lot about the file formats to me - they're
described as 'MT2', 'LV1', and 'LV2' (in decreasing order of sound quality).
I usually use LV2 (for that much sought after lo-fi sound...).

2) Once I've got my WAV files, can I just drag them into Audacity / Ardour etc
and assume they'll stay synced? Or is some kind of additional syncing used to
keep tracks aligned?

Thanks for any help.