[linux-audio-user] BR532 multitracker file format / sync

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Thu Apr 22 06:33:55 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:04:40 +0100
Joe Button <linux-audio-user at joebutton.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I have a Boss BR-532 digital multitrack, which saves my songs onto SmartMedia
> cards. I can then get these files onto my PC using a USB card reader. So far
> so good.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Probably a long shot, but does anyone have any clue as to how I might
> convert the files from the BR-532's internal format to WAV or whatever? I can
> do this using a Windows GUI program supplied by Boss (runs fine under wine),
> but the interface is rather fiddly and limited. Any chance I might be able to
> do this eg. with some kind of command line / scriptable tool? Cursory
> Googling hasn't revealed a lot about the file formats to me - they're
> described as 'MT2', 'LV1', and 'LV2' (in decreasing order of sound quality).
> I usually use LV2 (for that much sought after lo-fi sound...).

I'm the author of libsndfile. If you can make available a small example file
(100kbytes or less) I'll be willing to have a look. It might also be useful
to suply the same file decoded to WAV just for comparison.

The best way to make these files available is to put them on a web or ftp
server and send me a link.

Erik