[linux-audio-user] Jack setup issue

RachelAPP app at appband.com
Fri Apr 23 19:08:48 EDT 2004

It's me again with some config issues..
After getting my soundcard (Terratec DMX 6 Fire) to work correctly with
Audacity, i decided to use Muse... So i installed Jack.
But when i do jackd and it creates the alsa driver, it puts 0 and 0 for number
of input and output channels. When i try to force it into something else with
-i 6 and -o 2 for example, it tells me "ALSA:cannot set channel count to 6
for capture".
Within Audacity, i can set the number of recording channels to whatever i want
and they all record properly so i'm a bit surprised why it doesn't work with
jackd... Any idea? Any help would be very much appreciated as i've been
reading various FAQ/help pages on various sites but haven't found any answer
yet...