[linux-audio-user] Ardour Crash + can't boot

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Apr 24 06:49:01 EDT 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 10:57 am, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> and it's telling me to hit return or wait ten seconds to boot from
> /dev/hda2 (hmmm - is that where the boot loader really is on my system?
>  not sure)  - and that I can "type "linux <params>", and press <return> if
> I want to override the defaults

Boot-prompt-HOWTO ?

Does the kernel still panic if you try to boot with no options?
It's good to know which partition you're booting from (I have to write it down
somewhere) and also what the kernel's alias is (It's no use booting 'linux'
if it's actually known as 'knoppix' for example - press TAB to get a list).
also check /etc/lilo.conf.

boot: linux single

Will start you up in single user mode. It's always worth a try.

All the Best

tim hall