[linux-audio-user] IBM Thinkpad r50 with RME Hammerfall Cardbus

Dan Harper tech at danharper.org
Mon Apr 26 19:59:22 EDT 2004

Ahhh, stress! OK, I've researched so much my head hurts.
I want to buy a notebook for a DAW using Linux, so far I've come to:

IBM ThinkPad R50 (1.6 Centrino, 1Gb RAM)
RME Hammerfall Multiface w/ Cardbus

I want to be using Ardour and Jack with low latency, no xruns, etc.

Can anyone see any problems with this setup?

PS:  I've also looked at:
  - Edirol UA-1000 - Problems: USB, Not tested with Linux
  - Echo Layla24 Cardbus - Problems: Linux Driver for Cardbus not working

Thanks,
Dan