[linux-audio-user] Ardour Crash + can't boot

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Wed Apr 28 07:01:50 EDT 2004

Well, y'all, to continue this little discussion

Fernando asked what the exact error I got was, when I was trying to
REINSTALL RedHat - it was:

Invalid argument during seek for read on /dev/hda

I actually gathered up backups (what I had) and swapped drives around, put
the drive in question in another machine as slave, the machine booted fine
of course but this drive failed to mount, and Gnome's hardware browswer
showed the drive, but the root partition said "no filesystem"  Then I
swapped some more and it now sits alone in a machine, and I'm attempting to
wipe clean and install Red Hat, and I'm getting the above error periodically
during the preparation stage (before you actually click "install")

Sounds like bad disk to ME - but I'm going forward with the install just for
fun.  Told disk druid to check for bad blocks.  Is this going to format the
drive, low level format, or just?  what? - i dunno what other options I
would put in that list *laugh*

fun fun fun