[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT and recording question

H. T. Hind hirh at comcast.net
Wed Apr 28 19:25:06 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:44:04PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 11:01:47AM -0700, H. T. Hind wrote:
> > How can I use the two digital ports to record ? Do I need special
> > adapters ?  When I plugged the line-out from a audio-source to
> > the S/0 port, I didn't see anything in envy24control .
>
> They are digital, not analog.
> Your audio source needs to be S/PDIF, or you need to buy
> a 2-channel ADC.

My audio source is a radio tuner. A google search for ADC shows
another card . Are there external ADCs ? Once I have an ADC
connected to the digital ports, are they accessible in JACK as
port 9 and 10 ?

Any recommendations for a Linux/Alsa supported Multi-channel card
that would support more than 8 inputs ? I only need to be able to
record mono.

> > As the Delta 1010  seems capable of stereo recording , is it
> > possible to record 20 line-ins in a mono mode ?
>
> Do'nt know where you got that idea... the 10 inputs are all
> mono. If they look like stereo connectors, that's to enable
> you to use balanced mono connections, not stereo.

My bad.

jack_lsp shows 12 capture ports. What are those 12
ports ? I'm guessing that the first 10 correspond to the 2MIC + 6
Analog + 2 Digital ports on a delta 1010LT. Is that right ?

Thx,
hth