[linux-audio-user] All-Soft audio question

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Thu Apr 29 20:57:31 EDT 2004

Hello all

I would like to know if anyone knows how I would set up a fluxbox/gentoo
system to stream 96khz wave files to multiple websites, remotely, without
installing too much audio software or hardware - there isn't room for an
actual machine, so I'm wondering if I can set up a computerless Linux
system, ie: just software no, hardware, just gentoo, fluxbox, and the wave
files, that I could hopefully control remotely from my laptop via wireless
ethernet - but again, only wireless ethernet protocol software, not
hardware - can't afford that hardware and Linux is open source so I figured
if I did a totally soft system, had all my waves, and fluxbox and gentoo,
and controlled it via my laptop, then I wouldn't have to buy more hardware
and I wouldn't have to find space for the server, because the server would
be hardwareless - this would make the applications machine independant too I
guess, so I was thinking I might develope using my totally soft linux
system, as well.

Also I can't install fluxbox or gentoo because I want it to run quickly and
quietly in the background, so just a kernel and no x window system, just a
kernel EMULATING an x window system, again, remotely, via the All-Soft
wireless network connection (All-Soft meaning only software, no hardware)

Also, if I could also be pointed toward a way to encode my 96khz wave files
at 92, 89, 43.2 and 5000.66 KhZ that would be great...

Thanks!