[linux-audio-user] Audacity/Windows/Plugins

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Thu Apr 29 21:27:34 EDT 2004

Quoting Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net>:

> Think I used 4.0 when it first came out...Only worked as a 500mhz
> virtual machine on a 650mhz box. I would think the latency and extra
> layers of "stuff" would be hard to live with on a DAW where resources
> and latency are king??

Sure!  But if it's just a CPU process [a software filter/processor], then
vmWare won't be getting in the way really - and today's boxen are well over
2GHz.  But then again, I just realised... how would those hosts communicate
with the linux-side components.  I doubt VST has a "network transport" mode,
alas.  Alas, I didn't think of that minor detail.

When in doubt, seek Quality.

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.