[linux-audio-user] cd burning; multiple songs from one .wav file

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 10:20:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 06:18:56AM -0700, R Parker wrote:

> On the topic of burning a CD, is it possible to define
> the start and stop points for many songs within one
> large file?

The cdrdao manual says this right at the end of the TOC FILE section:

INDEX MM:SS:FF
    Increments  the  index  number  at  given  position
    within  the  track. The first statement will incre­
    ment from 1 to 2. The position is relative  to  the
    real track start, not counting an existing pre-gap.

I haven't tried this, but it looks like what you want.

I don't know whether incrementing the index number is sufficient to be
seen as a track mark when skipping tracks in a player, or whether that
needs some other kind of marker inserted in the data.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk