[linux-audio-user] jamin: lookahead_limiter_const_1906.so ?

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri Apr 30 17:00:29 EDT 2004

Derek,

	I'm pretty sure the "release time" is the amount of time to look
ahead.  To avoid getting the lovely squashed sound make sure you are
getting no "overs" (red) on the main input meter.  Also, try not to push
the limiter input signal into the red too much.  I like to let it hot
red occasionally but not stay there.  In addition, the multiband
compressors can do the same thing to the signal as the limiter.  Of
course, it comes down to what you want personally.  It's easy to over
compress/limit and destroy the dynamics of the song.  It's a fine line
between over compressed and under volumed.

Jan