[linux-audio-user] Encrypted remote X11 app (Was Unencrypted remote X11 app, Was: headless audio apps)

robin fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 1 18:23:20 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 18:37, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Is XDMCP running over ssh?

No - ssh can only manage TCP streams, and XDMCP is UDP based.

> I use the thing at gigs this way...although still working out minor
> bugs, it is reliable and robust.

I'm in the process of trying to set-up my own 'remote' recording
facilities - my (rather under-powered by todays standards) 1.3GHz Duron
is almost as loud as my vacuum cleaner, and not what you want around
with open mics.

Perhaps it'd be easier to find a larger house...

cheers