[linux-audio-user] Best Kernel, and patch set for latency and xrun reduction

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Mon Aug 2 01:39:54 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 20:47, Tom Burdick wrote:
> whats the current best kernel/patch set for latency right now? I'm
> working on redoing my audio workstation, and figure maybe its time to
> switch to 2.6? just wondering what the general opinion was these days.

General consensus for those doing serious recording and other audio
stuff is that 2.6 is not ready for the big time just yet. Some report
good results...others say stick with 2.4.22!

I use 2.6.7 on MDK 10 but I use only live LADSPA fx in ardour with Jack.
With the pre compiled kernel I use, there is a bit of mucking about to
get lsm loaded up automatically but after that, it seems to be fine for
me.

R~