[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Mon Aug 2 10:26:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 05:28, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> Here's my biggest wish for synths.
>
> ;)
>
> * Ability to make any synthesizer parameter a mathematical function of any
> other parameter or MIDI input.
>
> IOW, I can create a set of sound structures that all fit together but might
> sound completely different and control them over just a handful of
> parameters. Great for live performance!

You can do that modular-ly.. take an output, run it through +3, *7, /
18, / some other output, etc.

I can see how that would be tedious for some things though, despite what
the Pd folks say :)

A module that takes inputs and allows you to type in a mathmatical
expression to perform on them would be pretty cool.. good idea

-DR-