[linux-audio-user] sound on debian 2.4.26

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Mon Aug 2 11:02:54 EDT 2004

    Laura> I upgraded my kernel from 2.4.18 to 2.4.26, and now I can't
    Laura> play sounds.  Any time I try, the program just hangs until
    Laura> I ^C out of it.  No messages appear in /var/log/messages,
    Laura> or on the console.

Progress, but still no sound.

I removed the module for the motherboard soundcard (via82cxxx_audio),
and re-probed the emu10k1 module, and using sound no longer hangs;
timidity sits there for about as long as it should to play the MIDI
file, but I still don't hear any sound.  The mixer has the volume set
at 100% and my speaker is turned up to maximum.  (So it will be pretty
loud when I finally get it working.)

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011