[linux-audio-user] OT: Microphone info

Alastair Couper kalepa at shaka.com
Tue Aug 3 15:50:24 EDT 2004

I am looking into getting a decent microphone, but am having a hard time
wading through all the obviously subjective yet passionately held opinions
that I see in various reviews. I am skeptical that a $1000 mic is 5 times
better than a $200 mic. How much of what I read and hear is simply an arms
race for professional studios ? In talking to pro friends with their
multi-k$ mic/preamps, it seems to end with: "It was either that, or give
the money to the gov in taxes."

Any links to info much appreciated.