[linux-audio-user] jack_fst

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 5 13:17:56 EDT 2004

Greetings all,

Can anyone tell me what the REAL process for getting jack_fst installed
is?

For fst-1.6:

fixheaders needs to be run from the $HOME/fst-x.x/vst directory as
"../fixheaders" not from the $HOME/fst-x.x directory as advised by Dave
Phillips (http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/vst-plugins/).
Small problem...  Like Dave said, this stuff isn't for rank beginners.

mkinstalldirs, called from Makefile, was missing.  I copied the one
supplied with Hydrogen.  Annoying problem.

For jack_fst-1.2:

fixheaders, used above, does not actually fix the headers.  gcc doesn't
understand the initializer.  This is what I'm not sure about: How to emulate
C++ for struct VSTFileTypes initialization.  Although I've written a bunch
of code for C++ classes, I've written virtually nothing for structs in C.
Lines near 918 in aeffectx.h need to be further modified.  This appears
to be yet another "audioMaster" -related problem.

Thanks for your attention and any info.

Regards,
Dave.