[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Microphone info

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri Aug 6 16:15:42 EDT 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:
<SNIP>
> I'll probably pick up one or two of the V67 myself one of these days.
> I don't have it currently, I have the MXL 1006 which is okay but
> to my ears it has a pretty harsh top end and by most accounts the V67G
> is significantly better than most of the other MXL mics
> (the other oft-reported winner is the 603).
<SNIP>

Might have even guessed what you report from looking at the frequency
reponse curves on their web site. (Nice little web site actually)
Assuming their graphs represent your mic, the 1006 starts getting peaky
above 2K and all of the high end is above 0 on their graph, while the
V67 appears much flatter.

All of this is just steady state, on-axis sort of stuff. Nothing
substitutes for really using it, but it looks good enough to me that I'm
going to get at least one and try it out.

- Mark