[linux-audio-user] Re: M-Audio MidiSport 2x4?

Alastair Couper kalepa at shaka.com
Fri Aug 6 19:11:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:37:32 -0700 (PDT), noise floor wrote:

> The MidiSport 2x2 is probably too small, as
> I'd outgrow it quickly.

Perhaps you have a bunch of synths already. If not, there are a few soft
synths that can fill in for hardware, if you can get low enough latency. I
use the 2x2 unit, and it Just Works. I can't imagine the 2x4 would use a
different chip. The process is to take the firmware (which is loaded each
time at boot up) from the Windows install disk, and use fxload (a program)
to send that file when the USB drivers are loaded.

Also, two 2x2's would also work.