[linux-audio-user] Best distro for Audio??

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Sat Aug 7 05:10:48 EDT 2004

> I was a SuSE user for 3-4 years. It's really very slick but occasionally some
> of the programs are a little stale. (caveat: I haven't used it since v8)

Maybe I'm confused about this. When I think of "audio distrobs" like
Planet, I picture wipeing out my hard drive and having just a dedicated
recording environment. But do these run along side an established
distrob (like debian, redhat...)? Do they coexist with them?

> I don't know what version qjackctl SuSE is shipping but the one I'm using has
> patchbays for MIDI and jack ports

Thanks. Yea, I checked and my version is behind. There's no (midi) patch
bays. Nice feature. I need to upgrade, because it looks like that
eliminates the need to start up and run another program (kaconnect).

Rocco