[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010LT .asoundrc?

jmacdermott at ns2.i-mecca.net jmacdermott at ns2.i-mecca.net
Sat Aug 7 16:48:41 EDT 2004

I have been having great luck with Slackware 9.1 and Luke's AudioSlack software.
 With my onboard sound chip (using SI7012 driver) I was recording with Adrour,
getting zero xruns in Jack, even with Hydrogen running in the background
providing drums!  Wow, I was impressed.

So I made the jump to a higher-end soundcard and installed the Delta 1010TL.
Now, it seems to be recognized by Alsa, because the Ice1712 driver is loaded.
When I cat /proc/asound/cards I see it as 0 and the onboard sound chip as 1.
There are also entries when I cat /proc/adound/devices.

But now I am completely lost... I have been reading the documentation on the
.asoundrc file, and have even tried to replace my existing file with something
I pulled off teh Alsa site for another, similar card that used the same
driver.

Can anyone help me make sense of setting this up?  Is there a standard setup
that for all of this cards ins/outs?  I feel like it's way over my head.

Thanks for any help!  I am a little discouraged today, but I am very pleased to
finally be making some music in Linux!
Jay