[linux-audio-user] dipping toes in 2.6 waters

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Aug 8 13:45:45 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 22:51, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 01:28, Rick B wrote:
> >     Is there any way to do this on a 2.4 kernel? Like say,
> > 2.4.26-ll.rhfc1.ccrma, or is this already covered with how Fernando
> > configures the kernel?
>
> No, as the thread name implies, you need a recent 2.6 kernel with Ingo
> Molnar's voluntary preemption patches to get these new features.  I
> believe CCRMA may have a 2.6.7+voluntary preempt package, but I don't
> use it so I'm not sure.

No yet. The 2.6.x for FC2 I have only has the lsm module (and a few
small latency patches from Takashi). I'm working on a newer version that
includes rc2-mm2 and the O3 version of the voluntary preemption patch.

-- Fernando