[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user] [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 releas

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Aug 9 07:31:14 EDT 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 11:33, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> The second stable release (0.9.0) of JAMin - the JACK Audio Mastering
> interface is now available for download.

Problem with Jamin is that is a process to process thingie. Another program,
eating precious CPU cycles, must be playing and pre-processing the audio to
feed Jamin. I just do not have the CPU guts to run this way. Under that other
OS, I can run this type of software as a standalone (file-to-file) or DX/VST
plugin OK. The three-process (playing app, jack, Jamin, jack) system is just
not efficient.

A standalone or LDASCP Jamin would be worthwhile for those of us with older
equipment.