[linux-audio-user] VST_SERVER and Edirol Hypercanvas?

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Aug 9 09:48:52 EDT 2004

Russell Hanaghan wrote:

>{sharpening up the knife with which I intend to plunge into my heart} :)
>
>So I built the version of Wine from Kjetil's site that you are using.
>All went pretty smooth. Wine works...at least with the usual
>Minesweeper, etc.
>I then rebuilt fst and Jack_fst against the new install of Wine. Moved
>my HyperCanvas Dll into the new Wine directory which is now
>/usr/local/lib/wine. Fired up Jack with high hopes and {make fast
>deflating balloon noise here}  Fubar!  Same thing...
>
>$oz at fx jack_fst /usr/local/lib/wine/HyperCanvas.dll
>Can't load plugin HyperCanvas
>
>All the builds were clean with minimal probs...had to set
>PKG_CONFIG_PATH for jack_fst to configure...
>
>Anymore suggestions before I book my room with the rubber wallpaper at
>the silly farm?  :)

No fear, we're not done yet. ;)

What does 'ls -l /usr/local/lib/wine/HyperCanvas.dll' report ?

Please download the Crystal synth from http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/
and try running it same as you've tried for HC.

And again to check: Do *not* run Wine before starting jack_fst. I'm not
sure it matters, but we want to eliminate anything I'm not doing.

Do you launch Jack as normal user ?

Best,

dp