[linux-audio-user] VST_SERVER and Edirol Hypercanvas?

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Aug 9 15:10:25 EDT 2004

Russell Hanaghan wrote:

>>What does 'ls -l /usr/local/lib/wine/HyperCanvas.dll' report ?
>>

>[oz at fx oz]$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/wine/HyperCanvas.dll
>-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 6103117 Jul 15  2002
>/usr/local/lib/wine/HyperCanvas.dll*
>[oz at fx oz]$

If your home directory is named something like /home/oz, then create a
/home/oz/vstplugins and (as normal user) copy your plugins to that
directory. Your HC dll currently has root permissions only, which may be
why you can't run it as normal user. Here's what the same query yields
for me:

    [dlphilp at localhost dlphilp]$ ls -l vstplugins/vsti/HyperCanvas.dll
    -rw-rw-r--    1 dlphilp  dlphilp   6103117 Jul 15  2002
vstplugins/vsti/HyperCanvas.dll

If you meely copy the plugins (as normal user) from /usr/local/lib/wine
to /home/oz/vstplugins the permissions should be correct. You will then
want to start the plugin so:

    jack_fst /home/oz/vstplugins/HyperCanvas.dll

Let me know what transpires...

>... So, I think, Jack_fst is talking to HyperCanvas but there
>is something in the HyperCanvas dll that is not well. I think I'm
>running version 1.01 but I'm not sure...

I'm guessing again that the mixed permissions may be screwing the pooch
here.

Best,

dp