[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user] [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 releas

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 15:32:35 EDT 2004

Perhaps something more basic should be said about JAMin versus DX/VST
plugins and that is that JAMin is NOT A PLUGIN.  Yes, it can be used
in that manner, but that isn't what it is designed for.  It's designed
for putting a very fine polish on an otherwise-finished product.
Using it as a DX/VST plugin is like eating a TV dinner on fine china.
You're welcome to do it, but doing that doesn't make the china any more
durable or the TV dinner taste any better.  Inevitably it's going to
cost more to use fine china in everyday use, too, assuming most people
would break a lot of it like I would...

BTW, I think that JAMin is an *outstanding* product.  I think it'll
improve my recordings substantially.  I'm thinking of using it at the
front end, too --- as an analysis tool.  I think I can get a lot better
picture of what I'm in for with a given recording setup --- where the
problems are going to be, etc.  Any steps I can take at an earlier stage
I would rather do then than later.  (Lest there be any misunderstanding,
I'm not talking about USING JAMin to address these problems, just to
identify them.  I WILL use it at the very end to fix whatever is left.)

Thanks very much to all on the JAMin team.  Great work.

Regards to all,
Dave.