[linux-audio-user] Stopping cron jobs

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Mon Aug 9 21:04:16 EDT 2004

> on a RH system use
>
> service crond stop
> run your audio apps
> service crond start
>
> On most other ditributions use (or RH)
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/crond stop
> run your audio apps
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/crond start

Maybe this is too general of a question, but trying to route out the
answer seems like to would take a while. Is it common for any of the
distibutions to set up cron jobs that just *have* to run at a certain
time (or maybe *by* a certain period of time)? I'm talking about stuff
that would compamise my system. I currently run SuSE 9.0 Professional.
Should I take on the task of finding out everything I need to learn to
answer this? I just have too many project to deal with. But turning off
cron jobs seems like another good way to eliminate problems while
recording. I'll take any advantage I can take.

Thanks,
Rocco