[linux-audio-user] Buying an audio interface for my notebook

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Aug 11 12:12:29 EDT 2004

Hi Carlo,

I use an HDSP under Linux, as do many many others, and am quite
satisfied with it. Actually, I could not live without it.

That said, I have to warn you that it is not always easy to get working.
Generally, most problems getting the HDSP working with Linux come from
bad cardbus controller chipsets. Avoid Ricoh cardbus chips for sure, as
RME totslly UNrecommends them. I have also seen trouble with Oxygen
chipsets. Look at your laptop to see what you have, and if necessary ask
on this list or on the RME newsgroup.

Good luck,
d.

--