[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Tue Aug 10 17:50:26 EDT 2004

Andrew Dahlin wrote:

> first of all, sorry if this topic has been talked about to death.
>
> At the moment i'm starting to get more and more into recording (both
> multi-track and synths, etc). I added on a second monitor and am now
> in the process of trying out different window managers (again). I'm
> using xfce at the moment, but i might try fluxbox again for a while.
>
> Now for the question: which window manager are you using for audio
> work and why? I don't mean for this to start a flame war... notice it
> wasn't titled "what's the best window manager?" ;) I just want to
> take an informal survey of what everyone is using and see why people
> use what they do.

I was using xfce but moved over to using Windowmaker just because I like
the usability of WindowMaker a little more.  Both of them are very
lightweight and work well for audio, I think, and don't have the
overhead of a full-blown desktop environment like KDE or Gnome.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly