[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Wed Aug 11 07:16:24 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 23.30, Andrew Dahlin wrote:
> first of all, sorry if this topic has been talked about to death.
>
> At the moment i'm starting to get more and more into recording (both
> multi-track and synths, etc). I added on a second monitor and am now in the
> process of trying out different window managers (again). I'm using xfce at
> the moment, but i might try fluxbox again for a while.
>
> Now for the question: which window manager are you using for audio work and
> why? I don't mean for this to start a flame war... notice it wasn't titled
> "what's the best window manager?" ;) I just want to take an informal survey
> of what everyone is using and see why people use what they do.

Strictly KDE here, I like the way it works... I keep my machine up running
24-7, restarting into different environments is not an option for me.

It works "good enough" with my way of working, realtime composition, Jack set
to 512x2. xruns do occur but seldom enough that I have never noticed it
during recording.

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/